Get a 30-day risk-free supply of Revival Soy Bars or Shakes
Soy products have been found to be beneficial to your health in the following ways:
- Reduce total cholesterol levels
- Reduce LDL "bad" cholesterol levels
- Increase HDL "good" cholesterol levels
- Improves bone health
- Relieves menopausal symptoms
- May help to prevent certain types of cancers
- Improved renal function
| DID YOU KNOW? All soy products (soybeans, soy nuts, tofu, tempeh, soy milk, etc.) are complete proteins.
Top Health Promoting Components
The top health promoting components in soy products include:
- Isoflavones (genistein and daidzein) - Acts like human hormone; can lower LDL and raise HDL
- Soluble fiber - forms a gel in the digestive tract that binds onto the bile, eliminating it with the bowel movement. Since bile contains cholesterol, and the bile is removed, the body must make more. To do so, it takes cholesterol out of the bloodstream.
Soy isoflavones are contraindicated in those who are hypersensitive to any component of a soy isoflavone-containing product.
| WARNING: Soy isoflavone intake has been associated with hypothyroidism in some.
Pregnant women and nursing mothers should avoid the use of soy isoflavone supplements pending long-term safety studies.
Men with prostate cancer should discuss the advisability of the use of soy isoflavones with their physicians before deciding to use them.
Women with estrogen receptor-positive tumors should exercise caution in the use of soy isoflavones and should only use them if they are recommended and monitored by a physician.
Soy Benefits and Research - The Latest Soy Research from Around the World. Revival Soy. 2003
Results of soy-based meal replacement formula on weight, anthropometry, serum lipids & blood pressure during a 40-week clinical weight loss trial. Nutrition Journal, 2003
Soy protein with isoflavones has favorable effects on endothelial function that are independent of lipid and antioxidant effects in healthy postmenopausal women. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2003
Hot and Sour Tofu Soup
Revival Soy - The #1 Doctor-Recommended Soy Protein Supplement
To find recipes using soy products, CLICK HERE.
This page was last updated on 10/11/06.